"There is a freshness and experimentalism to Alicja’s work."
"Alicja’s focus on everyday objects provides an opportunity for us to rethink these items we take for granted."- Mr X
Alicja Kozlowska, a contemporary textile artist. She was born in Warsaw, creates and lives in Poland. Member of the international association S.E.W.
Fascinated with Pop Art from an early age, deals with textile art. She creates 3d embroidered felt sculptures of everyday objects drawing inspiration from the reality that surrounds us, consumerism and everyday objects.
Her works are exhibited in galleries and museums across Europe and United States, among others in: The LAM museum, Danubiana Meulensteen Art Museum, Pesti Vigadó gallery, Gallery1988, Bargehouse/ OXO Tower Wharf, Palazzo Velli Expo.
In 2021 Alicja works have been recognized and awarded by the prestigious Hand & Lock Prize for Embroidery. She has numerous publications in art magazines, like Designboom, Inspirations magazine, Textileartist, Elle Decoration, and many others.
In 2020, she took part in an international #iClapFor project.
Currently, she’s working on “i.d.” project, a study of different drawers, interpreting different personalities and showing different parts of the world.
Her passion is broadly understood textile art and handicraft. Her performances created in public places shows the coherence of art with mass production and consumerism. She draws inspiration from everyday life, trying to popularize Fiber Art and embroidery.
Whether economic, philosophical, social or cultural, the context in which an artwork is created and the complicity of the artist within that context is intrinsic to its meaning. I became interested in artquilt technique and embroidery in 2017 . I started to create 3d embroidered felt sculptures of everyday objects to provide an opportunity to rethink these items we take for granted. I draw inspiration from the reality that surrounds me, consumerism and everyday objects. I create in the aesthetics of Pop Art. In my works I use a needle, like a brush. I combine various materials from labels, newspapers, foils, to felt and fabric.
My artwork is intimately connected to daily life, social and mass media contexts which in turn have helped define not only the meaning of my artworks but also me as an artist. No artist can control the passage of time, but I do my best to be more mindful of cultural and presentation contexts, and how this process attributes meaning to my artworks.
I would like to popularize and change the perception of fabric, which can also become a work of art. Every work requires commitment and patience from me, it is unique, created spontaneously without a specific pattern and in a fit of inspiration. Working with material is my passion. I try to make each of my works unique and stimulate the viewer's imagination.
- LAM museum in Lisse, Netherlands [2019-now]
- SZTUKA 6, Warszawa, Poland [17.10.2019]
- "POP ART AWARD" M.A.D.S. Milano gallery, Milan, Italy [22.11-06.12.2019]
- Virtual Shoe Museum [2020-now]
- "DOMESTIC DISTURBANCES" Mobilia Gallery, Cambridge, USA [01.02-31.03.2021]
- "Good Day, Sir!" 50 Years of Willy Wonka Gallery1988, Los Angeles, USA [19.02.-06.03.2021]
- “Shopping Malls” Gallery1988, Los Angeles, USA [04.06.-19.06.2021]
- „Los Angeles Art Show” ART UpCLOSE, Los Angeles, USA [26.07.-08.08.2021]
- “Crazy 4 Cult 15” Gallery1988, Los Angeles, USA [06.08.-28.08.2021]
- “6TH INTERNATIONAL TRIENALE OF TEXTILE ART” Danubiana Meulensteen Art Museum, Bratislava, Slovakia [04.09.-14.11.2021]
- „Monaco Yacht Show” ART UpCLOSE, Monte Carlo,
- „Artexpo” ART UpCLOSE, New York, USA [07.10.-10.10.2021]
- "SURFACE AND DEPTH" Society For Embroidered Work/ Rome Art Week 2021/ Palazzo Velli Expo, Rome, Italy [26.10.- 31.10.2021]
- "Embroidered Arts Exhibition" Hand & Lock, Bargehouse/ OXO Tower Wharf , London, England [3.11.- 7.11.2021]
- „SCOPE” ART UpCLOSE, New York, USA [30.11.-05.12.2021]
- “6TH INTERNATIONAL TRIENALE OF TEXTILE ART” Pesti Vigadó gallery, Budapest, Hungary [23.11.2021-30.01.2022]
- "Running with Scissors" Gallery1988, Los Angeles, USA [29.01-12.02.2022]
- “6TH INTERNATIONAL TRIENALE OF TEXTILE ART” Tatra Gallery, Poprad, Slovakia [11.02.- 06.04.2022]
- "Ozark" Gallery1988, Los Angeles, USA [29.01-12.02.2022]
- "The 90's" Gallery1988, Los Angeles, USA [30.04.- 08.05.2022]
- CFA Artist of the Year Award  | Finalist
- The 36th International Artvita Online Art Contest | Certificate of Excellence [Finalist]
- Artist of The Month [May, 2020], Dark Yellow Dot | Artist of The Month
- MEDICINE- PROJEKT:Wakacje [2021/2022], wearmedicine.com | Finalist
- Hand & Lock Prize for Embroidery , handembroidery.com | 2nd prize in Textile Art student category
- Mollie potrafi nr. 8 | ,,DIY Praktyczny portfelik” | PL
- Mollie potrafi nr.18 | ,,DIY Torebka książka” | PL
- Mollie potrafi nr. 30 | ,,DIY Igielnik kwiat lotosu” | PL
- Stitching It Real with Alicja Kozlowska | mrxstitch.com | all about sweets | ENG
- Stitching It Real with Alicja Kozlowska | mrxstitch.com | all about furniture | ENG
- Stitching It Real with Alicja Kozlowska | mrxstitch.com | all about shoes | ENG
- Stitching It Real with Alicja Kozlowska | mrxstitch.com | all about plastic bags | ENG
- Stitching It Real with Alicja Kozlowska | mrxstitch.com | all about fast food | ENG
- Stitching It Real with Alicja Kozlowska | mrxstitch.com | all about drinks | ENG
- Stitching It Real with Alicja Kozlowska | mrxstitch.com | all about skulls | ENG
- Stitching It Real with Alicja Kozlowska | mrxstitch.com | all about bathrooms | ENG
- Stitching It Real with Alicja Kozlowska | mrxstitch.com | all about vegetables | ENG
- Stitching It Real with Alicja Kozlowska | mrxstitch.com | all about fruits | ENG
- Stitching It Real with Alicja Kozlowska | mrxstitch.com | all about meat | ENG
- Be Creative with workbox issue 177 | gallery | ENG
- mrxstich.com | The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge – Alicja Kozłowska | ENG
- Textileartist.org | Interview | Alicja Kozlowska: Pop Art and Stitch | ENG
- Le Temps de Broder | Alicja Kozlowska – Pop Art brodé | FR
- circle | CFA Artist of the Year Award Finalist Interview | ENG
- designboom | alicja kozlowska makes embroidered felt sculptures to rethink everyday objects | ENG
- collater.al | Alicja Kozłowska and her fabric pop works | ITA/ENG
- Design Alive | NOWY LEVEL POP-ARTU | PL
- THEfirstNEWS | Warsaw artist creates incredible embroidered everyday objects – but can you tell which is real? | ENG
- post.naver.com | 진짜 물건이 아니었어? 'Alicja Kozlowska'의 놀라운 펠트 자수 공예 | KO
- DIAFANO Vol.3 Iss.2 | Cover, article | ENG
- PIKCHUR. | ARTIST SPOTLICHT | ENG
- Spotlight Magazine Issue 19 | Artist Spotlight| ENG
- the distinct. | Special Home Edition | Embroidered snacks | ENG
- ellazolazy.es | Las bonitas esculturas 3D de Alice Kozlow| ES
- domestika.org | Bordado con materiales inesperados| ES
- picnic | Esculturas de fieltro: el pop art de Alicja Kozlowska | ES
- Inspirations magazine | Issue 107 | ENG
- glitches and stitches | Embroidery as Fine Art: Alicja Kozłowska | ENG
- Patchwork Professional 02/2021 | Künstlerporträt: Alicja Kozłowska | DE
- Phoebe Journal 50.1 | ENG
- designboom | alicja kozlowska creates realistic embroidered felt sculptures of everyday objects | ENG
- hypeandhyper.com | Embroidered Objects | ENG
- domestika.org | The Best Unconventional Embroidery | ENG
- designboom | turn your drawer contents into embroidered art, with alicja kozlowska's new 'i.d.' project | ENG
- The Calvert Journal | Follow the artist turning supermarket staples into embroidered artworks | ENG
- artupon | Alicja Kozlowska | ENG
- My Modern Met | Artist Crafts Embroidered Felt Sculptures of Popular Foods That Look So Real | ENG
- nlab | そんなバナナ!? 刺しゅうで作ったバナナの皮や歯磨き粉がリアルですごい | JP
- ELLE Décoration- Juin 2021 | PHÉNOMÈNE | FR
- Textile Curator | BE PART OF AN AMAZING TEXTILE INSTALLATION | ENG
- THE DIGITAL CLOTH ISSUE 9 | ENG
- Textile Curator | Alicja Kozłowska | ENG
- ARTISTS RESPONDING TO ... Issue 2 | Alicja Kozłowska | ENG
- ARTEMORBIDA | Alicja Kozłowska- interview | ENG, IT
- embroidery- May-June 2022 | DUBLE TAKE | ENG
- fiberartinternational.org | Alicja Kozłowska | ENG
- hygge-blog.com | Alicja Kozłowska: Używam igły jak pędzla | PL