"There is a freshness and experimentalism to Alicja’s work."
"Alicja’s focus on everyday objects provides an opportunity for us to rethink these items we take for granted."- Mr X
Alicja Kozlowska, born in Warsaw, creates and lives in Poland. Fascinated with Pop Art from an early age, deals with textile art. She creates 3d embroidered felt sculptures of everyday objects drawing inspiration from the reality that surrounds us, consumerism and everyday objects. She is a member of the S.E.W. association. Her works have been recognized and awarded by CFA Artist of the Year Award  and The 36th International Artvita Online Art Contest. Despite her young age, she can boast of a permanent exhibition in the LAM museum in Lisse, Netherlands, Banana peel "Andy” and ”Heinz”, both felt sculptures. She has numerous publications in handicrafts magazines and book illustrations like Mollie Makes (Polish edition), Mrxstich, Textileartist, Letempsdebroder, and many others.
Her passion is broadly understood textile art and handicraft. Starting from crochet, through embroidery, fashion, accessories and ending with artquilt. Her performances created in public places shows the coherence of art with mass production and consumerism. She draws inspiration from everyday life, trying to popularize Fiber Art and embroidery.
Whether economic, philosophical, social or cultural, the context in which an artwork is created and the complicity of the artist within that context is intrinsic to its meaning. I became interested in artquilt technique and embroidery in 2017 . I started to create 3d embroidered felt sculptures of everyday objects to provide an opportunity to rethink these items we take for granted. I draw inspiration from the reality that surrounds me, consumerism and everyday objects. I create in the aesthetics of Pop Art. In my works I use a needle, like a brush. I combine various materials from labels, newspapers, foils, to felt and fabric.
My artwork is intimately connected to daily life, social and mass media contexts which in turn have helped define not only the meaning of my artworks but also me as an artist. No artist can control the passage of time, but I do my best to be more mindful of cultural and presentation contexts, and how this process attributes meaning to my artworks.
I would like to popularize and change the perception of fabric, which can also become a work of art. Every work requires commitment and patience from me, it is unique, created spontaneously without a specific pattern and in a fit of inspiration. Working with material is my passion. I try to make each of my works unique and stimulate the viewer's imagination.
- Mollie potrafi nr. 8 | ,,DIY Praktyczny portfelik” | PL
- Mollie potrafi nr.18 | ,,DIY Torebka ksiązka” | PL
- Mollie potrafi nr. 30 | ,,DIY Igielnik kwiat lotosu” | PL
- Be Creative with workbox issue 177 | gallery | ENG
- mrxstich.com | The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge – Alicja Kozłowska | ENG
- Textileartist.org | Interview | Alicja Kozlowska: Pop Art and Stitch | ENG
- Le Temps de Broder | Alicja Kozlowska – Pop Art brodé | FR
- circle | CFA Artist of the Year Award Finalist Interview | ENG
- designboom | alicja kozlowska makes embroidered felt sculptures to rethink everyday objects | ENG
- collater.al | Alicja Kozłowska and her fabric pop works | ITA/ENG
- Design Alive | NOWY LEVEL POP-ARTU | PL
- THEfirstNEWS | Warsaw artist creates incredible embroidered everyday objects – but can you tell which is real? | ENG
- post.naver.com | 진짜 물건이 아니었어? 'Alicja Kozlowska'의 놀라운 펠트 자수 공예 | KO
- DIAFANO Vol.3 Iss.2 | Cover, article | ENG
- Spotlight Magazine Issue 19 | Artist Spotlight| ENG
- the distinct. | Special Home Edition | Embroidered snacks | ENG
- LAM museum in Lisse, Netherlands [2019-now] | Banana peel "Andy” (felt sculpture)
- LAM museum in Lisse, Netherlands [2019-now] | ”Heinz” (felt sculpture)
- SZTUKA 6, Warszawa, Poland [17.10.2019] | 8 felt sculptures
- "POP ART AWARD" M.A.D.S. Milano gallery, Milan, Italy [22.11-06.12.2019] | "Sock" (felt sculpture)
- Virtual Shoe Museum [2020-now] | ”Martens” (felt sculpture)
- CFA Artist of the Year Award  | Finalist
- The 36th International Artvita Online Art Contest | Certificate of Excellence [Finalist]
- Artist of The Month [May, 2020], Dark Yellow Dot | Artist of The Month